Saturday, February 15, 2020

14th Feb 2020 - My sweet smile may not work in Valentine Day.


Buy $
Sell $
Short $
Cover $
Stop Loss $
Profit / Losses

$ 12.715
14th Feb 2020



Profit 

Reason to Sell
  • One customer complaint make such a big giant drop. My big chunk of profit gone with the wind.
  • I don't understand why one stupid customer complaint made such a giant drop.
Lesson Learnt:
  • When I saw the drop after having coffee with my partner at the coffee bean, it was like at $13.50 already. I set the stop loss at $12.5.
  • The interesting part is it actually dropped below my stop loss, but mine was not triggered. After that, I decided to sell it at a slightly higher price and I got it at $12.715. I knew it will probably come back up to around $12.80, but I don't think I am going to wait for that already.
  • If I had set a stop loss at 10% below the market price then I would have protected a big chunk of my profit.
  • The news has broken the good chart pattern. Anyway, let's take the profit first and observe from the sideline first. Its quarterly report will be out soon also.
  • I should have set a stop loss for all those stocks that I purchased.
Intraday Chart





SmileDirectClub Inc. on Friday rebuked an NBC News story that featured interviews with customers who reported feeling pain after using the company's dental aligners.
The story, which ran online and on air Thursday, reported that there have been complaints to SmileDirectClub's treatment outcomes with bite and spacing problems. SmileDirectClub offers aligner kits to straighten teeth lower than the cost of traditional braces.
Shares fell 3.8% in premarket trading.
SmileDirectClub said the story misrepresented its service because it didn't feature interviews with customers who had a positive experience and dentists who support the product. The company said it made customers, doctors and employees available for interviews with NBC.
"We are disappointed that though we provided NBC with the opportunity to obtain all relevant facts as to the safety and efficacy of teledentistry for the provision of clear aligner therapy, NBC failed to provide its viewers with a balanced and fair news story reflecting those facts," SmileDirectClub said.
NBC didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
Customers who aren't satisfied with the treatment can receive a refund outside the return window after they sign a confidentiality agreement, with a possibility that they can't air complaints in public, according to NBC's story. SmileDirectClub said the practice is similar to the recommendations of the American Association of Orthodontists to prevent malpractice allegations and standard business practice.
Responding to a request by nine members of Congress who requested the Federal Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission investigate the company, SmileDirectClub said the effort reflects anti-competitive publicity tactics.
  (END) Dow Jones Newswires
  02-14-20 0955ET
  Copyright (c) 2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.


Historical Chart




No comments:

Post a Comment